Bridge the gap between INCUS | CLOUD and INCUS | HALO
Location : Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, Loughborough, UK
Job Type : Full Time, Permanent
Salary : £30,000 – £37,000 + Equity + Benefits
About the role :
The Software Engineer will bridge the gap between INCUS’ backend infrastructure and its flagship wearable device, INCUS™ | HALO. On a day-to-day basis, you will be working on testing, optimising and scaling INCUS’ proprietary data analytics algorithms for deployment to the cloud and/or the embedded devices. You will also be involved in the expansion and maintenance of the backend infrastructure and APIs.
- Iteratively build, test and maintain data analytics RESTful APIs and online databases that provide extended performance insights with low latency and high availability, in a fast and efficient way.
- Work side-by-side with data scientists to deliver insight to INCUS users through implementation of analysis algorithms .
- Create and maintain test cases, specifications and other verification documents.
- Enhance the computational performance of proprietary algorithms and translate code into relevant programming languages for cloud and embedded platforms.
- Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for and to design and assess improvements to products and data services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of INCUS sports data and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both product development and business strategy.
- Work closely with top-level athletes and coaches to optimise systems for their benefit.
Required Skills :
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Quantitative Discipline (E.g. Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics)
- Experience with C and C++
- Experience with either Python or Java
- Experience with Unix-based OS use and scripting
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Good knowledge of developing and using Web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDMS) or NoSQL databases
- Basic understanding of machine learning concepts
- Basic knowledge of Git
- Professional fluency in English
- Strong communication skills, particularly to non-technical audiences
- Ability to distil user needs, deliverables and project requirements into relevant technical requirements
Desirable Skills :
- MSc/ MEng / PhD-level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) data analysis, calibration and processing
- Experience with ARM architecture Cortex-m4 processors or embedded firmware design principles
- Experience with Keil® MDK or similar IDE
- Experience with (embedded) signal processing and time-series data analysis
- Principles of test-driven development
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of BLE services
Analytics Back end Back end developer BLE C Computer Scientist Data Analysis Databases Embedded Developer Embedded Systems Firmware Developer Firmware Development Git IMU Intertial Measurement Java Keil Keil MDK Machine Learning Mathematics NoSQL Operating System OS Python RDMS RESTful APIs software developer Software Engineer Sports