Build upon the foundation of high-quality data for the INCUS platform
ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Type : Full Time
Experience Level: 1- 5 years
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Industry: SaaS, Software Development, Sports, Wearable Technology, Data Analytics
Company size: 5-10 people
Company Type: Private
Location : INCUS HQ. Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, Loughborough, UK
Salary : £26,000- £40,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
Embedded systems, C, BLE, Nordic nRF52832, Python
INCUS® Performance is a cutting-edge sports engineering start-up developing Artificial Intelligence (AI), data analytics and wearable technologies to improve technique and performance for elite and amateur athletes. Our mission is to make analytics accessible to all with clear, actionable and data-driven training insight.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Embedded Software Engineer, your mission will be to provide a seamless, unique and beautiful user experience to users of INCUS devices. Your day-to-day tasks will be to test, optimise and add new features to the firmware of our flagship wearable system, INCUS | HALO. You will be free to experiment and bring new ideas to the team, while developing such aspects as on-board algorithm/ feature detection and communication optimisation through hands-on testing and development.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Your tasks will be varied and hands-on from week-to-week, from improving the performance of proprietary machine learning algorithms on-board, to working directly with athletes and coaches.
- In a team and on your own, you will develop and optimise system firmware to collect, analyse and transmit high-quality INCUS sensor data and insights.
- You will be encouraged to work pro-actively and govern your own responsibilities in line with Company goals, adding new functionality and advising changes to other areas of the system where you see fit.
- You become a co-worker in an agile company with unbureaucratic structures and short decision-making processes.
- You become part of a special team culture and working atmosphere:
- You have worked with C, embedded systems and communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, I2S.
- You will be testing and debugging existing code. A strong knowledge is needed of a scripting language (ideally Python) and Git workflow.
- You understand concepts of computer algorithms and data structures
- We are developing wearable technologies using BLE. It is important that you know your way around these technologies and are up-to-date with the latest practices.
- Professional fluency in English.
- You are experienced with Nordic’s nRF52832 SoC or similar ARM® Cortex™-M4F CPU with BLE capabilities
- You have worked with Keil® MDK or similar IDEs
- You can demonstrate previous hands-on experience with Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) data collection, analysis, calibration and processing
- You are familiar with electronic design automation (EDA) applications such as Eagle or Altium
- Experience with ANT+ would be a great addition
- You have the vision to implement new features taking scaling opportunities into consideration.
WHAT CAN INCUS OFFER YOU?
- You have opportunities to get involved with data collection, athletes and other aspects of the company.
- A work environment that is built around you. We want you to do great things, and we provide flexibility and further opportunities to learn/ develop outside of your normal routine to help this.
- Engage with likeminded and enthusiastic colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds, plus opportunities to work with INCUS users hands-on.
- To be part of a close-knit, informal and diverse team, focussed on excellence
- Autonomy in your everyday duties and a selection of development tools
- A lot of fun! We are working to reinvent the way people engage in sport, and that comes with a good laugh now and then.
- Choice of laptop, screen and equipment to suit you
- Contributory pension scheme
- 27 holidays + 8 statutory holidays
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for home working
- Team socials
- Free tea/coffee on tap
- Discounted car parking
- Free campus bus pass
- Free access to University library and other facilities
- Weekly coffee meetups with other STEM companies
- 50% discounted gym membership