Bridge the gap between the INCUS | CLOUD and INCUS Athlete
ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Type : Full Time
Experience Level: 2 – 5 years
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: SaaS, Software Development, Sports, Wearable Technology, Data Analytics, Machine Learning
Company size: 5-10 people
Company Type: Private
Location: INCUS HQ. Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, Loughborough, UK
Salary : £35,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits.
Python, Django, Flask, AWS
INCUS™ Performance is a cutting-edge sports engineering start-up developing Artificial Intelligence (AI), data analytics and wearable technologies to improve technique and performance for elite and amateur athletes. Our mission is to make analytics accessible to all with clear, actionable and data-driven training insight.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Full-Stack Developer, your mission will be to enhance the INCUS experience by optimising our web platform and related services. You will build upon existing systems and use your creativity to develop new functionality that ensures an engaging and unique experience for all. This will range from development of cloud analytics microservices and back-end services to the front-end UI of the INCUS web app. You will also help in the development and deployment workflow for our in-house engineers, to provide a seamless experience for all INCUS athletes.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- You will work individually and as part of a team to develop end-to-end solutions for the INCUS web application, with a high degree of freedom and creativity in your work.
- You will explore and experiment with new and engaging data visualisation methods to improve INCUS insights, while ensuring quick, scalable data transmission, storage and management.
- You will work on managing the deployment of the algorithms on the cloud and their link to the back-end services.
- You become a co-worker in an agile company with unbureaucratic structures and short decision-making processes.
- You will have the flexibility to implement new features, taking scaling opportunities into consideration.
- You become part of a special team culture and working atmosphere.
- You have significant experience with Python
- You have a good understanding of basic web development concepts such as RESTful architecture, HTML and CSS
- You can combine established sever-side (e.g. Django/Flask/Bottle) and client-side (e.g. Angular, Twitter Bootstrap) technologies
- You know how to work with relational databases (MySQL)
- Professional fluency in English.
- You have a good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform (EC2, S3, Route 53 etc.)
- You have worked with microservices/serverless concepts and frameworks (Amazon Lambda, Serverless, Zappa etc.)
- You know DevOps concepts, such as continuous integration and continuous deployment and containerisation tools (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- You have experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- You enjoy UI/UX development
- Strong communication skills, particularly to non-technical audiences
- You have visualised data before (eg. D3 libraries, Charts.JS, AMcharts)
WHAT CAN INCUS OFFER YOU?
- You will have opportunities to get involved hands-on with data collection, athletes and other aspects of the company.
- A work environment that is built around you. We want you to do great things, and we provide flexibility and further opportunities to learn/ develop outside of your normal routine to help this.
- Flexibility in working times to suit your most productive times of the day
- Engage with likeminded and enthusiastic colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- To be part of a close-knit, informal and diverse team, focused on excellence
- Autonomy in your everyday duties and a selection of development tools
- A lot of fun! We are working to reinvent the way people engage in sport, and that comes with a good laugh now and then.
- Choice of laptop, screen and equipment to suit you
- Contributory pension scheme
- 27 holidays + 8 statutory holidays
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for home working
- Team socials
- Free tea/coffee on tap
- Discounted car parking
- Free campus bus pass
- Free access to Loughborough University library and other facilities
- Weekly coffee meetups with other STEM companies
- 50% discounted gym membership