Explore high-quality INCUS data to discover new performance insights
ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Type : Full Time
Experience Level: 1- 5 years
Role: Data Scientist
Industry: SaaS, Software Development, Sports, Wearable Technology, Data Analytics, Machine Learning
Company size: 5-10 people
Company Type: Private
Location: INCUS HQ. Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park, Loughborough, UK
Salary : £28,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
Python, Classification, time series data, git
INCUS® Performance is a cutting-edge sports engineering start-up developing Artificial Intelligence (AI), data analytics and wearable technologies to improve technique and performance for elite and amateur athletes. Our mission is to make analytics accessible to all with clear, actionable and data-driven training insight.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an INCUS Data Scientist, your mission will be to optimise and develop new and unique insights for our users. You will use data analytics techniques to sculpt the high-quality data from INCUS devices into clear, engaging actions that truly benefit training. You will be free to experiment and bring new ideas to the team, while improving such aspects as feature detection, classification, INCUS insights and system performance through hands-on testing and development.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- You will iteratively develop and optimise analysis algorithms to process large, complex data sets, extracting features and identifying trends.
- You will work individually and as part of a team to develop end-to-end solutions for the INCUS platform.
- You will be encouraged to work pro-actively and govern your own responsibilities in line with Company goals, adding new functionality and advising changes to other areas of the system where you see fit.
- You become a co-worker in an agile company with unbureaucratic structures and short decision-making processes.
- You become part of a special team culture and working atmosphere
- You have worked with Python, and associated core libraries (pandas, numpy, matplotlib etc.)
- You understand and can work with machine learning concepts such as: classification, regression, feature selection, decision trees, Support Vector Machines (SVMs), etc.
- You have experience with pre-processing and filtering of time-series data.
- You have knowledge of computer science principles such as Object-Oriented Programming, data structures and algorithms
- You are competent in test- driven development
- You have used version control systems in the past, (preferably Git).
- You understand additional concepts such as curse of dimensionality, bias-variance trade-off, neural networks etc.
- You have experience with Data Mining, Machine Learning, probability & statistics.
- Strong communication skills, particularly to non-technical audiences
- You understand or have experience of Data Visualisation/Communication tools and techniques
- You have used AWS S3 in the past
- You have worked with C/C++ or Java.
- You are interested to work with athlete data and explore novel metrics
- You have worked with IMU/wearable data
- You have the vision to implement new features taking scaling opportunities into consideration.
WHAT CAN INCUS OFFER YOU?
- You will have opportunities to get involved with data collection, athletes and other aspects of the company.
- A work environment that is built around you. We want you to do great things, and we provide flexibility and further opportunities to learn/ develop outside of your normal routine to help this.
- Flexibility in working times to suit your most productive times of the day
- Engage with likeminded and enthusiastic colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- To be part of a close-knit, informal and diverse team, focussed on excellence
- Autonomy in your everyday duties and a selection of development tools
- A lot of fun! We are working to reinvent the way people engage in sport, and that comes with a good laugh now and then.
- Choice of laptop, screen and equipment to suit you
- Contributory pension scheme
- 27 holidays + 8 statutory holidays
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for home working
- Team socials
- Free tea/coffee on tap
- Discounted car parking
- Free campus bus pass
- Free access to Loughborough University library and other facilities
- Weekly coffee meetups with other STEM companies
- 50% discounted gym membership